Our website address is https://proofreadersunited.com.
Your Privacy and Security
- At MZ Services and Consultancy Sdn. Bhd and its brand, Proofreaders United, we believe our visitors have a right to know what information is collected and for what purposes. The information below pertains to your visit to MZ Services and Consultancy Sdn. Bhd and its brand, Proofreaders United, not any of its external links, subsidiaries, or affiliates. Please review the separate privacy policies as stated on those individual websites. While we do not require that each visitor provides their personal data, in order to participate in selected activities, it may be necessary to provide a minimum amount of secured information. If you prefer not to provide personal data, the number of activities on this website may be limited. Alternative methods of participating in those selected activities will be arranged upon request. Privacy is an important issue at MZ Services and Consultancy Sdn. Bhd and its brand, Proofreaders United.
Collection of Information
- MZ Services and Consultancy Sdn. Bhd and its brand, Proofreaders United, may ask you to provide “personal information”, such as name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address to process your request for services. We respect your privacy and security. In doing so, we will not share the personal information you provide with any other party without your consent. The Editing, Proofreading, and other services are secured with MZ Services and Consultancy Sdn. Bhd and its brand, Proofreaders United.
- Frequently, we are required to proofread website copy, documents, and/or content for businesses that compete with one another, either directly or indirectly. Our confidentiality policy limits the discussion or sharing of any data between all clients. This includes, but is not limited to, all proprietary information regarding your type of business, line of work, field of study, and/or website purpose. It is our strictest policy to adhere to the confidentiality of your products and services. Each of our proofreaders has signed a universal Non-disclosure Agreement; additionally, we will sign your company-specific NDA, if needed.
Communication & Marketing
- If you have requested a service from us, we may occasionally update you on our latest products, news and special offers via e-mail, WhatsApp, and telephone. You will also be given the opportunity to receive such communications from us and selected third parties when you become a member of Proofreaders United through PU-CLIC membership. All members have the option to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us and/or selected third parties. If you do not wish to continue receiving the marketing materials from us and/or selected third parties, you should inform us by sending an email.
- We accept credit cards, Western Union, and TransferWise (now known as Wise) as a method of online payment for services. Any information provided during your financial transaction is the sole responsibility of the online banking institution. We have never experienced fraud, data sharing, or errors using these secured services; however, if this does occur, please contact your bank or the online banking institution directly for resolution. Proofreading and editing services using AP, MLA, APA, Chicago Manual of Style (CMS), and other editorial styles are safe and secure.
Refunds and Cancellations
- Due to copyrighting laws and the inherent, duplicative nature of the services provided by MZ Services and Consultancy Sdn. Bhd and its brand, Proofreaders United and all its subsidiaries, these services including but not limited to, proofreading, editing, formatting, reference-checking, translation, transcription, paraphrasing, ghostwriting (non-academic), and all other project-related and administrative tasks, are not “returnable.” We will make every reasonable attempt to fix, rectify, and/or resolve any unsatisfactory issues that are reported by Client within a period of seven days after work has been returned to Client. Sending methods include both electronic and physical deliveries. Client may cancel project at any time; MZ Services and Consultancy Sdn. Bhd and its brand, Proofreaders United, will refund the deposit balance in Client’s account, less any project expenses, within a period of thirty (30) days. Your security and privacy is respected by our freelancers.
What are Cookies?
- A cookie is a small information file that is sent to your computer and is stored on your hard drive. If you have registered with us, then your computer will store an identifying cookie which will save you time each time you re-visit us, by remembering your email address for you. You can change the settings on your browser to prevent cookies being stored on your computer without your explicit consent.
- We may disclose aggregate, anonymised statistics about the number of visitors to this Website or number of purchases made as required by our investors. We use an independent measurement and research company to gather data regarding the visitors to this Website on our behalf using cookies and code which are embedded in the site. Both the cookies and the embedded code provide statistical information about visits to pages on the site, the duration of individual page view, paths taken by visitors through the site, data on visitors’ screen settings and other general information. FVSB uses and stores this type of information, as with that obtained from other cookies used on the site, to help it improve the services to its users. Further information regarding the way in which this information is obtained and used can be obtained by contacting us.
Disclosures of your information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our group of companies. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that FVSB sells or buys any business or assets;
- If FVSB or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data which we hold about our clients may be one of the transferred assets; or
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of FVSB, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third Party Sites
- Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Checking Your Details
- If you wish to verify the details you have submitted to MZ Services and Consultancy Sdn. Bhd and its brand, Proofreaders United, you may do so by contacting us via the e-mail address or address given below. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information. This proof of identity will take the form of your e-mail address and password submitted upon registration. You must therefore keep this information safe as you will be responsible for any action which we take in response to a request from someone using your e-mail and password. We would strongly recommend that you do not use the browser’s password memory function as that would permit other people using your terminal to access your personal information.
Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)
- All materials submitted to MZ Services and Consultancy Sdn. Bhd and its brand, Proofreaders United, whether verbally, or in any other form, are protected our Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA), without exception. Additionally, a representative from MZ Services and Consultancy Sdn. Bhd and its brand, Proofreaders United will be happy to sign a custom NDA that you or your company drafts upon request.
- Proofreading services are private and secure at MZ Services and Consultancy Sdn. Bhd and its brand, Proofreaders United. Please contact us for any questions.